KATKA WHITE LINEN DENIM SHIRT
TAHITI WHITE LINEN DENIM SHIRT
OLIANA LINEN DENIM NECK TIE TANK
VALIANT CLASSIC DENIM SHIRT
TAHITI LOOSE LINEN DENIM SHIRT
VALIANT CLASSIC INDIGO SHIRT
CAMICIA LYOCELL SHIRT
A Premium Quality Sustainable T-Shirt is a Wardrobe Must
DRICOPER DENIM is proud to be involved in the growing global movement towards more environmentally-conscious, slow fashion – take our sustainable T-shirt for example. To clarify, a sustainable shirt is an item of clothing created with a conscious effort to reduce its impact on the environment during the manufacturing process. This means that fibres will be free from harmful chemicals and pesticides, and the use of water is kept to a minimum or often recycled. The dyes used in eco shirts have a lower environmental impact, which means the fabric is often kinder to your skin than mainstream mass-produced clothing.
Benefits of Sustainable Shirts
Aside from the fact that we should all be finding as many ways as possible to reduce our impact on our environment, there are many benefits that you can enjoy when you purchase an eco shirt or two.
- Cotton crops that are grown to supply the manufacturers of mainstream fashion are incredibly dirty. This means that they contribute to the high use of insecticides and pesticides, while being grown on a relatively small area of land. In contrast, organic cotton farming offers other crops an opportunity to grow alongside the cotton, which is also beneficial to the soil. Organic cotton still needs a large amount of water, but this water is not tainted with the chemicals used in conventional cotton farming.
- You may be shocked to learn that many clothing dyes may contain carcinogens, which is not the case with dyes used for an eco-friendly shirt.
- It’s an unfortunate fact that money is the driving force behind most of the cotton farming industry. Although it will initially cost more to work towards using more sustainable farming practices, once farmers realise that they will save money on pesticides and their soil is healthier and more fertile, they will be more likely to consider the shift.
The Importance of Eco-Friendly Shirts
When you buy an eco-friendly T-shirt from us, you are buying more than just an item of clothing. Your purchase has an impact on the lives of the people involved in the entire process of making the shirt – from growing the cotton to dyeing it and putting the garment together. Our suppliers share our commitment to social responsibility, ethical work spaces, and maintaining sustainability. In investing in a sustainable item of clothing, you know that:
- Eco-friendly materials – that means you will find no pesticides or unsafe dyes during the manufacturing process. It also means that no toxins or harmful chemicals have been released into the environment.
- When you buy sustainable clothing, you know that water consumption has been reduced as much as possible in the process of manufacturing and we make every effort to also reduce the amount of waste produced.
- Where possible, we reduce pressure on the energy grid by use of natural energy in the manufacturing process. Although buying sustainable clothing cannot be considered a quick fix, it’s a start. The more items you buy, and the more you encourage your friends and family to buy means that you are consciously lowering your footprints on the environment.
When Buying Ethical Shirts, Consider This
Did you know that they use an average of 7 500 litres of water to produce just one pair of jeans? That’s basically as much water as you would drink in about seven years. There are some things you can keep an eye out for when you are shopping for eco tops.
- You should avoid buying clothing made from synthetic fabrics, such as nylon or polyester. To make these fabrics, you have to use air, coal, water and petroleum, and vast amounts of energy in the production process. Instead, look for items made from organic cotton or Tencel – all made from wood pulp.
- Billions of items of clothing are sold every year. The shocking impact of this on our environment is monumental. To try to reduce this impact, we recommend that you buy fewer items of clothing. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also be able to spend more on individual items of great quality, produced in a more sustainable way. An alternative suggestion is to swop clothes you no longer wear with friends, instead of simply disposing of them.
- Whenever you can, try to buy clothing that has been locally produced. In addition to having lower energy consumption in terms of transportation, you’ll also be supporting local industry, which means you’re supporting local families.
Related Services We Provide To Ethical Tops
In addition to the range of tops we produce, you’ll be sure to find a few extra items that you simply can’t do without.
- We have a selection of jeans available for both men and women. A key aspect of the design in our jeans and pants, is comfort. You are far more likely to wear items that are comfortable more often, and these jeans are ideal. There are no toxic dyes or chemicals, and the addition of tencel in many of the items means that they are also durable.
- Our men’s range includes a selection of shorts and cargo pants, as well as a range of long-sleeve T-shirts and jackets for cooler days.
- Women can choose from a variety of skirts, shorts, dresses and jumpsuits. All of our clothing is produced using the same stringent quality checks and aims to maintain sustainability and environmental consciousness.
What You Stand To Gain When You Use DRICOPER DENIM
We believe that ethical fashion with a commitment to sustainability should be at the forefront of every article of clothing we produce. We can achieve this by continuing to use environmentally-friendly fabrics for our jeans, such as tencel, cotton, or linen. We use fabrics, threads and labels for our clothing, and they are all Oeko Tex 100-certified, so you know that there are no harmful dyes or chemicals in your clothing. The hardware on our clothing contains no nickel, and we also don’t use any animal by-products.
We take pride in producing items of premium quality, designed to last. Even our hangtags and poly-bags used in shipping our products have minimal impact on the environment. We do our best to ensure that our suppliers have safe, fair, and healthy work environments. We also support The Smith Family for children’s education as an additional effort to maintain social responsibility.
If you’d like to find out more about the excellent range of sustainable clothing we have available, please feel free to get in touch. We look forward to being part of your eco-conscious, slow fashion journey.