Men's Ethical Clothing
Bibbly Timber Wolf Long Tee
Cooper Army Green Tee
Cargo Charcoal Shorts
Cargo Dusty Shorts
Chino Charcoal Shorts
Chino Navy Shorts
Jog Stone Shorts
Jog Navy Shorts
Nicolas Navy Jeans
Nicolas Charcoal Jeans
Jog Moto Forest Green Pants
Jog Moto Dusty Pants
Jog Moto Black Pants
Jog Moto Navy Pants
Jason Black Jeans
Jason Blue Black Jeans
Jason Hi & Lo Jeans
Manuel Denim Jacket
Jack Inky Blue Chino
Jack Check Blue Chino
Jack Camo Check Chino
Jack Indigo Check Chino
Cooper Stone Tee
Cooper Timber Wolf Tee
Jack Stone Chino
Cooper Navy Tee
Jack Black Chino
Unearth Ethical Style with Our Range of Sustainable Clothing for Men and Women
Be part of the change with our tailored collection of sustainable clothing for men and women. As a small business, we offer over 20 years of combined industry experience and knowledge. This business acumen is matched by an ethos of conscientious style alongside a desire to create durable vintage clothing. Feeling inspired and committed to these ideals, we launched the DRICOPER DENIM brand over six years ago. Since then, we have designed and produced vintage-chic clothing lines as an ode to slow fashion, duly practicing its design principles and production processes.
Fast Fashion Trends and Why You Should Buy Sustainable Clothing for Men and Women
There is no denying the environmental and social cost implications associated with fast, disposable fashion. Driven by global corporates, instore and online fast fashion lines are often updated weekly, resulting in a lack of rigorous controls, the use of cheaper materials, labour and manufacturing standards. These trends have contributed to a reduction in the lifespan of clothing. That is why we have committed to a quality cycle that enables longevity through the design and production of women and men's sustainable clothing.
- Linear cycles. Between 2000 and 2014, in the space of only four years, clothing purchases increased by 60%. Furthermore, you can't just recycle clothing, the quality of thread, fabric as well as the treatment and manufacturing process all impact the recyclability of apparel. The better the quality, virgin fibre materials and the more eco-friendly production techniques used, you guessed it, the easier it is to recycle.
- Short-lived and destructive. Due to the nature of fashion trends and quality, the average life span of a piece of clothing has shrunk in contrast to the 1980s, with garments being worn only seven times. The consequence of disposable fashion is that $400 billion worth of clothing will be discarded prematurely–leading to 2 625 kgs of clothing being burned or landfilled every second. That's over 82.7 billion kgs of waste annually, or enough to fill Sydney Harbour.
- Socially unsustainable. Producing large volumes of fashion in shorter periods comes at a cost. In a study completed by Oxfam, they interviewed 472 women working in garment factories supplying the Australian market. The interviews uncovered that many work long hours, in poor conditions and get paid below the minimum living wage. In context, 100 percent of the Bangladesh women and 99 percent of the Vietnam women earned below the living wage set out in the Asia Floor Wage.
What Sets Us Apart Regarding Sustainable Fashion for Men and Women
Our line of women and men's sustainable fashion is premised on the concept of vintage style, quality and production techniques. Designed for comfort, each piece of our ethical women's range, sustainable men's jeans and lifestyle wear has been tailored to ensure you, the planet, as well as society, are taken care of.
- By any other name. Our brand name is the culmination of our values, and our resulting practises. It is, in essence, a purposeful selection of words that reflects our quality promise, fair social practises, and accounts for our customised production process. By virtue, when you buy one of our garments, you buy a commitment synonymous with our methodology and design standards.
- Produced for the ages. It is our distinctive Dry Denim Process that influenced our name, (pronounced dri-cope-r denim). This technique includes environmentally conscious practices, in the form of hand scraping and pumice stone abrasion for our denim, alongside the selection of quality natural fibres for all our apparel. To boot, our range is vegan and Oeko Tex 100 Certified, meaning don’t use any harmful substances or animal by-products.
- Slow vintage fashion. All these elements ultimately contribute to the durability of our collection and ensure you enjoy a range of lifestyle wear that offers true longevity. Moreover, we make our denim to get better over time, just like a classic.
- Versatile range. A large portion of our lifestyle wear is denim, which includes a curated selection of ethical jeans. While the men's and women's collections vary in design, the sustainable process remains constant throughout. The ladies’ line incorporates jeans, shirts, jumpsuits, skirts, jackets and shorts. Similarly, the men's range includes chinos, shorts, jeans, jackets, tops and pants.
Our lifestyle wear offers quality garments designed for comfort while also being naturally chemical-free. Discover a trove of ethical style with our range of men's and ladies apparel, and shop our vintage collection now. Find out more about our sustainable practices or contact us for more information.